Delicious Treat for the Week | A Rose in Bloom
I am so excited for our food this week.  Like, you guys have no idea.  I can eat for days.  Today is Roger's birthday, so we are making something new: Coconut & Chicken Curry soup!  So far it is great, but I did make some adjustments.  I added two serranos instead of the jalapeno, and I didn't cook the chicken separate. I am lazy; whatever. It tastes great!  I wish I had a better camera so I could flounce my food around on here in high def.  But whatever.  Please note that the version I am posting is my  adaptation and not the original recipe.  I am too lazy to follow recipes exactly and I prefer to add spices as I taste.


Ingredients:
  • olive oil
  • 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized chunks
  • 1 large onion, chopped fine
  • 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (we love ginger)
  • chicken broth as necessary (I never measure it, just add enough to look right)
  • 1 can (14 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk, 
  • 1 tablespoon curry powder
  • 2 serrano peppers minced
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1/2 large green bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 cups freshly cooked brown rice

1) Heat the olive oil in a medium sized soup pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion, ginger, and chicken, adding more oil if necessary, until tender.
2)  Add chicken broth, coconut milk, curry powder and jalapeno. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add bell pepper and simmer an additional 3 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3) Let soup simmer while 2 cups of rice boil.  Spoon rice into bowls and ladle the soup over the rice.

If the recipe is too spicy, you can always add less curry powder and use one serrano.  In my opinion, curries do best without measurements, but seasoned to taste.


Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram