How to Wear a Cloche Hat, Part II | A Rose in Bloom
How to wear a cloche hat - long, clean, straight lines.

How to wear a cloche hat - long, clean, straight lines.



How to wear a cloche hat - long, clean, straight lines.


Last time we talked about wearing cloche hats with contemporary styles, I mentioned how important it is to keep clean lines. While I still abide by that, sometimes it's nice to keep a little flow going too. I decided to try a dress with a little movement, letting the breeze in my favorite park brush my skirt. Because cloche hats so often remind us of historical elegance, I did know that I wanted to keep it classy. Cue one of my favorite slips that can be worn alone or layered. It's casual enough to not get weird looks out and about, but nice enough to feel polished and refined and give a taste for all things classy. As I walked amongst the grass, all I could think about was a nice cup of tea and picking flowers. Do I live on Downton Abbey yet? That said, I find it stunning how a simple item of clothing changes your mood and even your movement. I found myself walking more deliberately, delicately, and standing straighter.

But back to the styling. The only think I would change about this outfit is to drop the waist a little, to really give it that 20s effect. However, a girl works with what a girl's got, and I've got this slip. I do like how it hangs to not be too form fitting as was not common when cloche hats were the trend.

See how else I have styled it here, here, and here.

Follow 

24 comments

  1. You look gorgeous! I love that. I love hats so much it's just a matter of time before I buy a similar one haha

    Xxx
    Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much! Cloche hats aren't hard to find! This one was a clearance Anthro purchase, but I've seen them at Macy's and even JCPenney!

      Delete
  2. Historical elegance. That's the perfect way to describe the cloche hat. You styled it perfectly. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I would be lying if I said this post didn't scare me just a little, but now I am glad I shared it.

      Delete
  3. You look gorgeous with that hat on, also in that dress. Looks like scenes taken from some awsome period drama, I would defenitly watch. The par you took pictures in is beautiful, looks like perfect place to hide from summer heat <3 <3

    Wish you a wonderful week
    xx
    Danny

    d'stars
    *d'stars*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You styled this hat perfectly! Love the look!

    xx,
    Susie

    www.SequinsandStrawberries.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful style dear xx

    www.emma-marie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautifulloutfit. I really love the dress.
    I had never thought about cloche hats before I saw one of the girls in Pretty Little Liars wear one, but now I start to really want one. They can be styled så pretty, and I think you really have done that in this outfit./ love ida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! I've been seeing these hats pop up quite a bit lately. Love that they are in style!

      Delete
  7. It's my favorite style of hat! I always feel so sophisticated when I wear one. You look absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The detailing at the bottom of the dress is gorgeous.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This is one of my favorite dresses for sure. I have another outfit idea with it already too.

      Delete
  8. That hat automaticly makes everything more stylish! You look amazing and stylish girl!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a lovely outfit! The hat and the slip look lovely together, I would have never thought to pair them ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  10. so nice :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love cloche hats! Your updated version looks great. I did a post with a cloche hat recently and fell in love with them. Especially loved Angelina Jolie in her cloche hats in the Changeling.

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. super awesome!
    lena
    http://skinnycature.com/living-comfort/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look gorgeous! I love how you made it work with modern pieces. :)

    <3 Trou
    The Peculiar Trouth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely outfit! Cloche hats are so cool and full of nostalgy

    Natalia
    Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look stunning! The cloche hat looks great on you!
    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
  16. It really suits you :) I would love to get away with wearing this, but Hats just don't tend to suit me in general.

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    'A Month in the Life of....'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally agree about clean lines, you look amazing in these photos! The hat seriously looks perfect on you <3

    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram