DIY Lace Hairpins! | A Rose in Bloom
I have been meaning to post these for a while now, but being lazy/busy has kept me from it.  However, I went to ballet class yesterday morning and my teacher was in complete awe, so I decided that it's time to get to it.  This DIY is so simple, yet so pretty, that I can't believe I haven't seen everyone doing this lately.  It's a great way to use up lace scraps, too.


What you need:

Thin ribbon lace

Hairpins

Needle and thread

Scissors

First, tie the lace around the top of the hairpin into desired shape.  I did bows and a few tied in a simple knot.  If you have a long piece of lace like I did, it's easiest to tie the bow or know before cutting the lace, like this.





















After tying your shapes and cutting off the ends, thread your needle.  You will need to sew through the knot to ensure it doesn't come undone while you wear it.  I went through the knot about three times before tying off the thread.




















Experiment with different sizes and lengths.  Have fun with it!




















Last but not least, a very disappointing picture of them in my hair.  The hubby is not as good with my camera.

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram