Friday DO: Try Something New | A Rose in Bloom







































I am open to new experiences, but I don't always go out of my way to pull off something I don't find easy. This week, I changed that. I have never been good at fishtail braids. I know, I know, they are supposedly so easy! But something in me would always lose bits of hair and.... I looked like a 4 year old's Barbie. This time, I decided to think less and just do it. And you know what? It was not perfect, but I ended up with a decent French fishtail on the side that fed into a normal side braid. However, it didn't stop there. I finally decided to wear these earrings that dangle A LOT. In the past, I have kinda avoided bigger earrings out of laziness. Hey, studs can stay in forever, right? Nope, not this time. Needless to say, I love them! You will see them again.

Sure, sometimes we do not like new experiences. Everyone has tried something only to discover that they hate it. However, in my opinion, finding out what you do and do not like is half the fun. So try something new, a food, an accessory, a scent, a flower, or even morning tea instead of coffee. Give anything you have never considered before a second thought. Pause a moment and say, "What if I did this today, instead?" You might be pleasantly surprised.
Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram