Friday DO: Savor the Last Days of Summer | A Rose in Bloom




It's the time of year again. Even though the air is sticky with humidity (if you live anywhere near the South or midwest) and we can literally smell the heat from the pavement, we wish the aromas of fall would take precedence. We pretend to sniff the faint scents of pumpkins and apples and feel the crisp air kiss our face. Perhaps the start of school causes this sensation, or perhaps we are just sick of sweltering evenings. Nonetheless, it is important to savor these last warm days, for soon bitter winds will replace them. The sun will rest earlier and we will wish for the warm sun on our backs. This weekend, try to do a little something to savor summer. Find a little summer in a random place, like these flowers growing through a concrete block. Absorb every moment before pulling out the coats.

P.S. Isn't it amazing how determined life can be? These flowers literally grew through the concrete.

8 comments

  1. Enjoy the remaining days of summer! And hope you get a wonderful start at school. xx Anyway dear, was wondering if you wanna follow each other? Just let me know if you followed me via GFC, Bloglovin or Facebook and I would gladly return the favor. Hope to keep in touch! ♥

    http://www.shaynebirao.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't tell how the flowers were there. I thought they were in a vase! That's crazy.

    And ya, I'm with you. I really wanted some crisp cool air today. There are some sweaters I miss wearing. I'm embracing summer this weekend. Going to the beach! Have a great weekend, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely the beginning of fall semester that starts fall early every year for me. Maybe when I graduate, I won't get that sensation so early ;)

    Love this post, you wrote it beautifully. I'm going to the drive-in this weekend to savor a last piece of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly what I was thinking. Summer is fleeting!
    xo Annie
    New Englad Romance

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post! i'm so excited for fall!

    xx threeblueballoons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you wrote! It sounds so poetic! I'm really excited for fall!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photo! :)

    It's funny, here in Australia we are looking forward to the start of all of those summer things! :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram