Peanut Banana French Toast | A Rose in Bloom




Few things are as decadent and simple as French toast. It's a prefect way to use leftover bread that has gotten just a little stale, ensuring that nothing goes to waste and everyone has their breakfast craving satiated. I had picked up some Challah bread the day before making this because it was on sale at Fresh Thyme and I immediately knew my husband would be watering at the mouth and the mere thought of Challah bread. Then ideas rushed to me head. For this recipe, I decided to throw on some caramelized bananas which then led to two spoonfuls of peanut butter for the ultimate sweet and salty sensation.

Peanut Butter Banana French Toast

Ingredients


  • 3 bananas chopped into chunks
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1 teaspoon brown sugar (or whatever sugar you have)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 6 slices Challah bread
  • Peanut butter as preferred
  • Maple syrup


With the bananas cut into bite sized chunks, add them to the melted butter in a frying pan. Cook for roughly 5 minutes each side, till the bananas are brown on each side. Remove from pan.

Whisk the eggs, cream, vanilla extract, and nutmeg into a wide bowl, such as a square pan or pasta bowl. Soak the Challah bread for approximately 1 minute each side. Meanwhile, heat the frying pan from the bananas, adding more butter as necessary. Gently fry Challah for 3 minutes each side over medium-low heat or until each side is brown with a light crisp.

When the bread is done, spread a spoonful of peanut butter on each piece and arrange the bananas over the toast. Serve with maple syrup.

































What is your favorite decadent breakfast?

11 comments

  1. I've never had French toast before! This looks so scrummy although for breakfast I usually prefer savoury eats! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely sinfully GOOD! I love french toast and this would be a nice twist.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks super delicious, i'm having this for breakfast tomorrow! thanks for sharing!

    xx
    a possible fantasy
    -----
    if you follow me via bloglovin', please let me know so i can follow back. thank you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks so amazingly good. My favorite foods are sweet & salty combos. I might have to indulge this weekend----it's not a question of calories, but it's more a question of am I too lazy to make this in the morning? haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never go wrong with french toast

    xoxo,
    http://petitemaisonoffashion.blogspot.com/ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh this sounds SO good! Especially having left over challah all the time. Don't even know why I don't make this every weekend :) xx

    TOPCOAT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this looks amazing :D
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 1st picture is looks very yumy!

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I'm super hungry right now! I'll try it :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm that looks perfect for a Saturday morning!

    sunandsany

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram