Still Life Done Simply | A Rose in Bloom

























There are times when even the tiniest tidbits of beauty make me pause, holding my breath as I gaze at a lovely form entrenched in my brain. Exhaling, I understand how the most miniscule moments can make me feel euphoric. Saturated with life's little offerings, if you will.

Yes, I am the woman who will stand outside of Whole Foods photographing eggs on a rainy Christmas Eve. No, I will not be ashamed to find people staring. I will smile when you smile and smile when you don't.

My quest for simple pleasures knows no limits.

Anything in life can be beautiful.






























Have you ever stopped to admire something as simple as eggs purely for beauty? What was it? Did people stare or go about their business?

Now that we are thinking about eggs: What Kids Around the World Eat for Breakfast

8 comments

  1. I notice simple everyday things too, beauty can be found anywhere!
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you look at something so simple and realize the beauty in it. One day I looked out the window..it had just finished raining and there were puddles in the alleyway in front of my house, and randomly there were colored balloons floating in them. I took a few photos because in the moment I thought it was such a sight, to see this kind of grey alleyway wet from the rain, with these brightly colored abandoned balloons. I never posted the photos though, and now I'm wondering where in the world I have them saved on my computer!
    I love photography posts, so feel free to do more! :-)

    http://amateandarottweiler.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds like a perfect memory! I hope you find them!

      Delete
  3. These are beautiful photos! My mom loves the colour of brown eggs so much that when she was renovating her living room, she brought a brown egg shell to the paint store so that she could get a paint colour that matches :). The paint counter man sure looked at her funny but she got the shade she wanted!

    julie // northern rustication

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a good idea. Hah, I can imagine the counter man's face, but it's awesome that she chose that color for her living room!

      Delete
  4. Loved this post! More people need to do this. Everyone is in such a rush and hurry that they miss the beauty that is already around them. So many things could be captured.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can really relate to this, Elizabeth! Sometimes I get ridiculously excited about little daily things. Brown eggs are definitely something to get excited about. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram