What is Your Personal Style? | A Rose in Bloom
boho grunge fashion inspiration

how to layer the free people easy breezy crochet slip
Occasionally I try to box in what exactly my style is in life. Is it 90s inspo grunge? 70s bohemian dream? What do I like? What do my clothes say about me? I love the wind rustling long skirts in the wind with boho prints reflecting sunlight back onto the rolling fields. But I definitely have a side of me that wants to be a little tough with sturdy boots and rough lines.

Then the other day, I saw May mention that her style is a "swipe of bohemian on the strength of grunge" and that resonated through my apartment walls a little bit. I say a little bit, because reverse the words around, and I would say that's quite my style indeed.
free people easy breezy crochet slip outfit


Like her, I believe style is an evolutionary process and it has taken me quite some time to get here.

When I was younger, I did not wear pants. At. All. Not a big deal, really. I always liked the swish of a skirt on the 4th of July while popsicles cooled my tongue.

Today, there is still some semblance of that girl hanging around. While I do enjoy a good ripped skinny with a slouchy sweater, I still love light skirts that move. The more they look like they could be worn by a pirate wench or parking lot loiterer the better. But why the two extremes? Why something so lovely followed by something so rough?
lexington kentucky downtown rooftop

Maybe it is because I am an extreme person. I am happy or sad. I am angry or joyful. Hell, I am either not hungry at all or starving. It's a part of who I am, and while I am always striving for a balanced life, there is definitely a part of me ingrained to be extreme. I accept myself for who I am.

But back to balance. Today, I have balanced my loves. I have paired a delightful 90s-esque daisy sweatshirt with a bohemian slip. I have paired lace with severe boots. I have traveled from a sweeping field of flowers to a desolate rooftop overlooking the city.
grunge fashion blogger
vintage uneeda biscuits ad

So yes, my style is a style of extremes. I am a lover of everything with lace and a flow. I am also a lover of harder things, things that need the softening only an open heart shall bring. I am lover of all sides of this world. If my personal style is in any way significant of psyche, then I am a swipe of grunge on the strength of bohemian. I will have it both ways.
grunge lipstick color

What is your personal style? Is it reflective of your charismatic heart?

Stay Beautiful,

XOXO Liz

                                                                   Follow

13 comments

  1. Wow, these pictures are stunning!!! Your outfit harmonizes so well with the bricks surrounding the rooftop. I am curious, what lense did you use for this shoot?

    I think that style is a reflection of the person itself, so when we talk abput a new step towards the evolution of style, it also marks the progress the person is making.
    xx

    WONDERWALLFLOWER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoah, thanks!!! I used the 50mm f/1.8 lens, something I highly, highly recommend. Mostly I used 3.2 aperture on this shoot, but it vary based on what I was trying to accomplish.

      I think that is a great way to think of style. I know anytime my style evolved, it did mark a changing point in my life, i.e, college, moving, getting married, but I never put the two and two together until today. Thank you for bring that to my notice, I will remember it for words of encouragement to others.

      Delete
  2. ~Lovely post, I adore your braids and sun flower top. Definitely don't box your style into one category but let it reflect who you are as a person, your style should simply just be you.~

    Much Love,
    Priscilla Ivette
    http://pvllinblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I agree with that, but sometimes it is nice to have a general description of yourself. Then again, my style changes so much from year to year, that maybe it is just me all along. Thank you for your comment. :D

      Delete
  3. you look gorgeous! I think personal style is so important xx
    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style and the photos look stunning! So great job on that :) I don't have a personal style, well, at least I don't think I have. It changes all the time and honestly as much as I love fashion, I am more of a comfort kind of girl. So I'll wear anything that I find comfortable :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comfortable is so very important, and I would never wear something that caused discomfort. I think you are very right to be concerned about that. I suppose that's part of the reason you never see high heels on this blog. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I love your photos! It can be so hard to define your own style and to try and put a box on the things that you like ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can and I definitely don't want to box myself in, but I do love a good boho look. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. It can be really hard to define your own style. I'm at a stage now where I'm still finding MY description. I mean, I'm nothing extreme but I'm no plain Jane either. I guess I still have a journey to take! :)

    www.simplyvoux.blogspot.com

    Shan xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great and you really suit your style, everyone has their own style and as long as your are happy and comfortable that is all that matters.

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    Beneath the Surface by Heidi Perks Book Review
    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that your style is two very different things mashed together! I find that very few people only dress one way and instead like to dabble in several styles. I'm the same way. My style is colorful and nerdy with a dab of girly and bohemian!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram