Loveliness is always an option | A Rose in Bloom




Loveliness is Always an Option. Otherwise titled as, More Lessons Learned by Liz.

There days when nothing feels lovely. You wake up too late and leave your lunch at home, get to work only to realize that earlier yet another person was attacked for their race or religion, and you forgot to put the oil cap back on the other day so your engine is smoking. You have days like these, I am sure (please say I am not the only person to ever forget the oil cap), but of late these dreary days seem to be a lot more powerful in my life than in the past. I have felt like everything is shipwrecked on an abandoned harbor, with the evil ghosts Depression and Confusion fogging up the shores so the survivors cannot possibly find their way to swim to safety. We see this fog everywhere - clogging our Facebook feeds and echoing off our radio channels with the pollution of inhumanity.

It's enough to drive anyone's anxiety through the roof and straight to the moon. Maybe even to Mars.

Now, this is not to say that we should ignore world problems, or that we should not acknowledge our own problems because other groups have a much, (arguably very much) worse time than we do on any given day. It is to say though, that sometimes things are just not good. And sometimes it is better to admit it and move on than to dwell on it. At times, even, perhaps pulling the plug is the best course of action to take.

I find this to be true for me in moments like this. When I have realized that my lunch is at home and my car is in distress and I forgot to turn on the slow cooker and you get another dose of brutality popping up in your news, it is time to make a decision that is this: Loveliness is always an option.

That's right. When the news is grotesque and the storm clouds loom overhead and lightening strikes the calm lake, remember that loveliness is always an option. No matter what happens, we can choose to be lovely, to do things that are lovely, and to dwell on that which is lovely.





So the next time you forget something important or hear of a crime against humanity simply say this:

I acknowledge you. You are a real issue and we must all strive to improve, but today I am going to focus on something lovely.

Don't let the horrors of the world leave you drowning near the fogged up shore, but shine bright like a lighthouse at sea, for as much as storms are a true part of life, so is the light that brings everyone home.

How do you focus on loveliness and bring it into your home during dark times?



Stay Beautiful,

Liz

Follow

14 comments

  1. Ugh yes! It seems like the world is falling apart because every day there's a new mass murder and it makes me want to move to an island to live on alone. And hearing about these things makes me feel horrified and insignificant. When things don't go right, I instead like to focus on things that make me happy like writing or rewatching a movie I like. I'm glad you do this too!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a good attitude. We have to spread happiness no matter what.

      Delete
  2. this is such an important post. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! x

    G

    www.teawithgi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeously written post Liz, I love your heartfelt, thought-provoking take on the world and your ability to always address and tackle so many important matters here on your beautiful blog. The world is a frightening place and both the media and social media seem to make everything that much worse. You're so right about anxiety; I worry about so very much and find spending time online too much to be damaging, sending it through the roof, so I'm trying to not spend an unhealthy amount of time lingering and scare-mongering myself (which I've done too much lately). Sometimes it's so important to take a breather away from the internet, for instance I just got back from the seaside tonight and feel tons more refreshed from taking steps away from work and machines. Just getting fresh air and being in 'the real world' more if you will. Shine bright like a lighthouse at sea, what a mesmerising way with words you have my sweet! You are definitely all the lovely this world needs <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually been taking a social media break myself. The news and this election is too much to handle right now. Thank you for your kindness towards this post; I am so glad it made your day a little brighter.

      Delete
  4. Love love love this post. Your writing is astonishing. Very moving and relatable.

    Hugs,
    Hannie from Missing Wanderer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looooooove this so so much, thank you.

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful post! I really needed this inspiration to turn a bad day into a good one, thank you ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is so on time. Every day we hear more and more about murders, mass shootings and attacks and the world seems to become even more sad. But like you said, we can choose how we react and what we do. I choose to be happy and to look on the bright side, to make the world a better place and not to mourn every second.

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mourning every second will help no one. Best to look choose happiness. :)

      Delete
  8. This is such a wonderful post, and so relevant to me right now. I think I had almost that exact day last week, with all the chaos & bad news. Sometimes life feels so un-lovely and so messy, it makes me so stressed. But you're SO RIGHT. I have a choice to focus on the loveliness. On days like that, I try to carve out some time to write or make art or do something creative, because that's a lovely thing in which I can channel my anxiety and frustration.
    Also, thought you should know, I'm sort of in love with your writing style haha.
    Julia || Julia in Bluhm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly. :) I hope we can spread to everyone how much more important it is to spread love than to focus on that which is ugly. Engaging in creative activities is a great way to handle anxiety!

      Delete
  9. I love this! Not only do I love your photos as they are classic and arty, but the thoughts too. I would love to move somewhere away from horrible people and just be happy, the world is so sad these days.

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram