Chocolate Calcium Rich Smoothie | A Rose in Bloom
For those that do not know, I cannot drink milk.  I can eat dairy all day, but for some reason I can't make myself drink a glass of milk.  Because of this, I have to look for my calcium elsewhere, which turns out to be a good thing, since recent studies are suggesting that calcium is best absorbed from food instead of milk anyway.  Fortunately, I found this recipe over at Free People's BLDG 25 blog, and with a very few adjustments I can create a calcium powerhouse for my body.  Best part is that it's gluten free and vegan, and while I normally wouldn't touch a vegan meal, this really hits the spot.

Recipe from Free People:

Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie Recipe (Gluten Free + Vegan)
3c Ice Cubes
1 Ripe Banana
1c Kale or Spinach
12oz Almond Milk
1tbs Coco Powder
1tbs Natural Peanut Butter
1tsp Agave Nectar
Blend till smooth!

Source: Happy Foods: Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie Recipe | Free People Blog http://blog.freepeople.com/2013/02/happy-foods-chocolate-peanut-butter-banana-smoothie-recipe/#ixzz2XvhUGccU


I always, always use kale in this recipe, as it holds much more calcium than spinach and provides a heartier texture for a meal replacement.  I also like to add a tablespoon of chia seeds for that extra calcium boost.  The banana and agave add the perfect sweetness, so it tastes a lot more decadent than it seems!  Enjoy!
Trader Joe's really ought to give my free food for all the product placement




Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram