Flavor Infused Water for Summer | A Rose in Bloom
Summer is officially here in the bluegrass, and with summer always comes excessive heat.  And the humidity. Don't even get me started.  Even with a high water content in the air, it is still important to make sure you drink plenty!  Staying hydrated is one of the most important steps you can take for your health.  Fortunately, it is actually quite easy - even if you don't like the plain taste of water.  I have been experimenting with infused water by simply adding things to my water I already had lying around the kitchen.  The best part is IT'S EASY.  Simply take whatever fruits, herbs, or even vegetables you have lying around, stick it in a mason jar, fill that sucker up and stick it in the fridge for 2 hours.  Better yet, make a pitcher of it.

My favorite so far has been leaves from spearmint plant ($2.99 at Trader Joe's!) and black raspberries from the farmer's market. I had never had a black raspberry before and this was a great way to try it out!  Other favorite recipes include: strawberries, mint,and lemon as well as cucumber slices and lemon.  Feels like a day at the spa.
Yes, that is an awesome candle holder that I bought in Atlanta from two gay guys. Thank you for asking. :)



Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram