New Year's Eve Self Exploration | A Rose in Bloom






































As many of you know, I am a Free People junkie.  Even though I cannot afford a lot of stuff (Hello, Macy's clearance section.), I still check their blog on a daily basis. It's full of life and inspiration.  When I saw this post by Kristen Hedges, I knew I had to do all of these things for myself.

1. Let go of something.  Welp, I totally already did that here.  No, I haven't found a replacement cup yet, either.  You know what? It still feels great. And sad. Great and sad. What is my life?


2. Treat your body. This is the one I tend to have trouble with on a day to day basis, but it's going to get better. Today alone I have already prepared myself a healthful smoothie. In fact, I am going to be eating better in general. Less meats, more vegetables. I am making a vegetable lasagna and kale salad for dinner.  And hopefully I will take a bath with a lovely bath bomb. Oh, and massage my dry hands really well. Yeah!  I need to put that incense on, like now.








































3. Do something different, or differently.  It does not have to be something big! Even if all you do is go to a different lunch spot, or take a different route to your current favorite spot.  Trying new things is a great way to awaken self exploration. I, believe it or not, actually bought a pair of printed leggings. WHAT? I totally never knew they were leggings on the manikin, but when I saw them on Anthropologie's site described as leggings, I nearly had a heart attack.  But you know what? If I liked them before, why not now? So I bought them yesterday (25% off all sale made them roughly $30 instead of the original $100. Woot!) and can't wait to show them to you.





































4. Write something down. Anything. New cities you explored, that night spent on the trampoline drinking wine with your friends till the sun came up, or even just a new drink you tried. I haven't done this yet, but I want to write down a list of personal accomplishments and goals that I met. Never mind the ones I did not meet; they aren't important right now.


5. Celebrate.  Well, come now it's New Year's Eve. Don't be afraid of a new perfume or lipstick, and bring out that tacky dress you can't wear any other time. Embrace it into the folds of your being! I, for one, can't wait to bring out my flapper dress, ok? We are welcoming an entire new season into our lives! Love what has come, and what is yet to come.

For more, see Kristen Hedges' post here or visit her here or here.
Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram