Photo Diary: Girl about Town and Record Store Day! | A Rose in Bloom













For those that don't know, the third Saturday of every April is Record Store Day! There are tons of limited edition releases, and if you have a good local record store, like CD Central near UK campus, it's an organized and super fun event. We lined up outside over an hour before the store opened so fortunately I was able to score everything we wanted except the Ghostbusters release. Poor husband! Not all of the records you see were RSD releases (First Aid Kit, for example), but it looks like we will have some great new stuff to listen too. To top off a super fun weekend, I found another free library, too. I love this town.

8 comments

  1. Fun post! I definitely didn't know that the 3rd Sat of every April is Record Store Day! You learn something new every day! :)

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love records!! I never have heard of record store day! How cool!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was actually my first year to participate. I found out because my favorite artist, Conor Oberst, was having two releases and I knew I had to have them. It was fun!

      Delete
  3. Those little free libraries are so great!! I saw one once when I was in downtown New York City! I think they're a fun idea!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo beautiful *__*

    Kisses,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! A new record store actually just opened up in my neighborhood, I have a lot of albums on vinyl already but I'll have to make it a point to go out on Saturday and purchase something, just you know, to support the cause :)
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a story about these! They're popping up in different places. You take a book and then return it. I think it's an awesome concept.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you got some great records!! I had never heard of the day until this year! I had a lot of friends participate in it!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram