Friday DO: Listen to an Old Favorite | A Rose in Bloom























Ah music. Universally agreed to have power over our innermost sentiments, music is a powerful tool. It can affect your mood and energy. Everyone listens to different sounds for different reasons - partying, feeling, remembering, and even healing. This week is for reminiscing. There is something so powerful in picking up an old album that was once (or even still is) a favorite and letting everything flood through you anew, like a fresh wave that somehow, you have felt a thousand times over. This weekend, pick one old favorite and play it - don't do anything else if possible, just absorb the sounds, and let past events reoccur, running through you. It will feel like an old friend or relative finally returning home.

Image found via Pinterest/tumblr. I do not own this image.

18 comments

  1. Amazing post, I agree, music is something global but also very personal. :)
    Thanks for your comment.
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love listening to music I listened to years ago, really does bring back memories!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I totally agree. I can't stop playing Strength To Survive by SOJA at the moment. It's a 2012 album but I haven't listened to it since then! Also, all the old blink-182 albums <3 Ugh.. So good.

    lorrieloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, yes. I heart Blink 182. Gimme all that pop punk from early 2000s please.

      Delete
  4. I wish I had a vinyl disc.

    Thank you for the lovely comment on our blog. Of course we're following you.
    We're following you via Blogger Reader, GCF and Bloglovin'. Let us know when you follow us back on Blogger Reader, GCF and Bloglovin'.

    xoxo,
    http://petitemaisonoffashion.blogspot.com/ ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have already followed on Bloglovin. Others soon to follow.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! I do try to provide inspiration to others.

      Delete
  6. Agree! I love music from various decades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Every decade had something wonderful.

      Delete
  7. you're so right...I'm often amazed how music seems to be take us back in time.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's always nice to go down memory lane.

      Delete
  8. so timely for me because i have been doing just this for the last month. it started with one album and that just opened up all the memories of the other music i used to listen to... it's been fun, a little like going back in time

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree. Music is so powerful. The right music may even decide how your whole day will go or the wrong one might ruin it. Great post.

    http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram