Heartlines | A Rose in Bloom










Slip: Free People// Sweater: H&M (similar)// Boots: Betsey Johnson (old) Socks: Urban Outfitters// Leggings: American Apparel Winter Leggings// Hat: Tidebuy// Rings: various



I'm going to be honest. I really do not know how many more outfit posts there will be for a while. I am going to try my best, but with the temperatures being in the 20s and it getting dark before I even get home from work, it has actually been hard! I have so many wonderful outfits I have been wanting to share, but the weather and lighting has been a photo nightmare. And don't even get me started on try to get my photographers to go outside.

Anyhow, what I will say is that I love pieces that work for so many different outfits. This Free People crochet slip is a dream - it can be worn by itself, with a tank over it for summer, or with a warm cotton sweater in winter. Yes, we are already onto winter. As much as I love fall weather, for the last two years winter has totally kicked autumn to the curb. It's supposed to snow this week! Snow before Thanksgiving! What is this madness that my little Southern heart will never understand?! Where I grew up, it rarely got below 40 degrees, so this has taken some getting used to. Perhaps I should make some posts about winter goods as I find them? I could start with the warmest leggings I have ever worn, or my new Bean Boots...

However, back to the point (I try so hard not to get sidetracked), I love this slip! It's flows with the wind. It's durable (you know Zeke has jumped on it too many times already). It's comfortable. In other words, purchase this baby at the first Free People sale you find (hint hint - they have a 4 hour sale every November so watch them!). Stock up on some much needed winter layers because winter is here to whip its miserable winds in our faces.







































Maybe I can find a little love for winter though. Chilly breezes can be refreshing when paired against the thick, humid air of summer. What is your favorite part of winter?

22 comments

  1. Lovely post, I love your hat.
    Check out my new post
    xoxo

    http://fabulousisfreedom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Loving the all black and that hat is perfect!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lace detail on the skirt! :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the all black here. That hat is gorgeous!
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Can you believe it was only $13?!

      Delete
  5. So beautiful! You pull off the all-black look so well! But girl, I totally feel you--outfit posts with this already horrid weather is going to be incredibly difficult--but maybe we could try shooting indoors? Regardless, I look forward to more posts! xx

    <(') Hoda | JooJoo Azad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do hope to do some indoor shoots, but they will have to be at places like bookstores and libraries as my apartment has awful lighting. Either way, I am on a quest to figure it out. I will let you know if I have an epiphany.

      Delete
  6. gorgeous pictures!:)

    http://alexandraclame.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. All black is where it's at! Great outfit.

    Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this look. & yeah! I'm with you! It's hard to post when it's getting dark so early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... love cooler temps but I miss the long days of summer!

      Delete
  9. Lizzie, I love this outfit. So glad you did a close up of the details. The trim on your skirt and that sweater is gorgeous. Love your hat! HaHaHa It's "cold" here in NOLA so I know it's freezing there! I bet taking pictures is a hassle this time of year. I admire fashion bloggers. Thanks for your kind message. I'll be checking in, just not posting.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I"m totally loving the slip too! I'm worried about outfit posts this winter too - considering trying to make a little studio in my basement..we shall see how it goes. Also, I did not know about this 4 hour sale..definitely gonna be looking into that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Keep an eye out for that sale. It's usually on a Friday!

      Delete
  11. This outfit needs to get on my body ASAP. I have been dying to get a black lace number like this, and i LOVE it layered with a thick chunky knit. It looks so so good. And ugh, I'm with you about this winter. Yesterday I walked four blocks and when I got into the store and glanced in the mirror it looked like my face got wind burned haha. Horrendous.

    A little suggestion on the photos though! I actually try to shoot all of mine in one day, like a Saturday, so I can get the light before it goes down. I just save all the outfits I wore the previous week and take pictures in them in one session. Though it does take some begging to get my brother outside for that long of a time ;)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a good idea! I'll see if I can get my brother or husband on board!

      Delete
  12. I love the witchy vibe of this outfit. I've been thinking about the photos issue as well, since it's dark when I get home at 4:00. I might wake up earlier to take photos, or I will just hoard photos over the break and slowly release them.

    Another Beautiful Thing || $50 H&M Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOving this outfit!

    Zoe
    http://www.bohomixology.com

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram