Been a Long Time Since I Rock n Rolled | A Rose in Bloom







Dress:// Free People (old)// Shirt: H&M (similar)// Leggings://American Apparel// Socks: Urban Outfitters (similar)// Boots: Betsey Johnson (old)// Necklace: Anthropologie (old)

I have never fashioned it on this blog before, but this is my favorite fall/winter dress. It was one of my first clothing purchases made my early 20s and I still consider it to be one of my best purchases through the years. When I wear this dress, I feel youthful yet mature, free yet in control. Maybe it's the 70s vibe, but this dress made me feel like I just belonged in the aisles of our local record store this past Sunday. Like two halves forming a whole. There's nothing like browsing used records in a vintage looking number while blasting a little Led Zeppelin. What do you do to feel like you are stepping back a few decades?

7 comments

  1. Lizzie, you have to be the coolest girl! I love your dress and that necklace is gorgeous. You have your own unique style. I use to rock out to the song "photograph" by def leppard HaHaHa 80's!!!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I have definitely curated an interesting closet over the years, at least!

      Delete
  2. Love that dress- I'm a bit free people obsessed because the clothes match my inner hippie spirit:)

    www.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yessss, I know what you mean by inner hippie spirit.

      Delete
  3. That dress brings me back to those old school Free People days! The founder of Free People actually went to my college. I feel like that should get me some sort of discount, no? Haha, I wish!

    I feel like I am living in another decade whenever I go to use my phone (which is rarely)..it's a Blackberry Tour from 2009 haha.

    If I had to go back in time and live in another decade, I would definitely choose the 70s--I just love the styles from that decade. Fortunately for me, my mom never throws anything away, so I've actually acquired quite a few clothing pieces from her from the 70s and I love them!

    http://amateandarottweiler.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is hella cool! I agree - you should at least get a discount or a free dress here or there. ;)

      Don't feel bad about the Blackberry. I just this year got a smart phone at all. I'm kinda cheap with electronics so my phone was embarrassingly old and finally broke, my to my husband's joy. RIP flippy.

      I wish I had old 70s clothes. I go vintage shopping but I am too big for most vintage clothes!

      Delete
  4. I love this look on you :) Super cool!

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram