DIY Recycled Christmas Alternative Gift Wrap | A Rose in Bloom
Update: This post originally ran 12/18/13. Since I am still recovering from a cold (seriously?!), I thought I would share this fun gift wrapping idea as I plan to recreate it this year!

I do not like to buy gift wrap. My husband and I exchange one gift each, so it seems wasteful to buy a whole roll of wrapping paper, not to mention most wrapping paper is not recyclable.  Instead, I prefer to reuse the brown paper bags you get at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods when you inevitably end up needing something and forget your reusable bags.   After a friend pointed out how gorgeous the Trader Joe's Christmas shopping bags were (I didn't notice them before because I have gotten pretty good at bringing my own bags if I do say so myself.), I knew I had to do something with them this Christmas season, and with only a week till Christmas, it was high time I wrapped some gifts!

First, I cut up a Whole Foods bag and used the reverse, plain side, to wrap the package.



Then, get your Trader Joe's bag and cut out the designs.




Glue or tape the designs as desired onto the package. You can wrap it all around the sides!



Use the lines as gift tags. For example, I used "Peace and Joy From," as a gift tag. Since the paper is plain, I can simply sign my name in a pretty signature.  You will have the most unique gifts under the tree!



16 comments

  1. What a great idea! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this ♥ I'll try
    xx
    http://thenotedponcho.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very creative and pro-green. I love it.

    Silvia
    Spanish Muse

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a great idea! i love brown paper packages also.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beyond adorable! So creative and eco friendly!

    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that idea! You featuring this Trader Joe's bag has also made me even more excited to visit a Trader Joe's when I'm in the States. Can you believe that I've never been to one?! If you have any special Trader Joe's product recommendations, I'm all ears!

    Hope you're feeling better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COOKIE BUTTER. Yes, it's so good it's worthy of all caps. I also like their pasta selection and the dark chocolate covered ginger. In fact, Trader Joe's chocolate selection is amazing. Oh, and they have a pretty good green Thai curry sauce. Love that for a quick meal.

      Delete
    2. I'm writing down all of these suggestions. The Cookie Butter sounds dangerous, and I'm afraid that I will become addicted, and it will be such a tease since I can't get it in Argie. And that Green Thai Curry Sauce sounds especially delicious! Thanks!

      Delete
  7. This is a genius idea. Good luck with your cold! :(

    Christina
    www.cityloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! We have done this before with the cartoon section of the newspaper!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I personally looove gift wrap haha, I think it's so fun to have a tree full of mismatched and quirky designs. But I get not wanting to buy a whole roll just for two gifts. This is very ingenious and a great money saver!

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! I love brown paper for gift wrap. So much better when you recycle it!
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome wrapping. I will certainly use some of your ideas! I have plenty of gifts to wrap yet...
    www.minsbeautyequipment.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea! I'm such a fan of brown paper wrapping anyway, but I love the added collage-esque look of the Trader Joe's cut outs. This box is going to look amazing under the tree :) I can't wait to test it out myself, thanks for sharing this DIY!
    Thank you as well for your sweet words over on my blog. They brightened my day!

    The What's In Between

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram