Seasonal Do: A Summer Bucket List | A Rose in Bloom



As the temperatures rise and and spring has already moved into summer, I've been thinking. When we were kids, summer was kinda awesome. We didn't care that it was hot because summer was about no school, playing, grilling, growing, chasing, and laughing. As adults, we all too often think of summer think of hot, mucky days. We love the sun and the long daylight hours, but we stay indoors when things get extreme (which, let's be honest, is already happening in half the US). We wait it out till fall.

This summer, however, I want to be different. I want to enjoy the season, even when it's mucky, hot, and the AC breaks. I want to soak up all the little joys of the summer. I want to sit on the porch and watch lightening bugs (or fireflies for you non Southerners) creep out of the grass. I want to clink cubes into Mason jars and fill them with tea. I want to eat fresh tomatoes and watch the sunrise. This year, I crave connection to each season. For me, the perfect way to create a connection is to make a list of all the little moments I want to absorb. I don't want October to roll around and realize that I missed a quarter of my year. So who is with me? Get out your favorite pen and let's get cracking!




What will be on your summer bucket list? Anything this season that you haven't done but always wanted to? GO FOR IT!

Follow




13 comments

  1. Ever since moving to BA four years ago, I've spent every summer without air conditioning. Yes, people in Buenos Aires have air conditioning in their homes, but for me, not buying an air conditioning unit is a matter of principal. Here electronics are EXTREMELY expensive and I can't justify spending $9,000 pesos on an AC unit when I know I could get one at Home Depot in the States for $200-$300 USD. I've gotten used to it (not to say that I enjoy it haha), and now AC just feels SO cold.
    I have to say I really don't embrace the summer and I just wait for it to be over. It's Fall here (think of our May as your November) and it's 70s out right now. I do agree that looking up at the sky is important to do anytime of year, as well as have picnics and photograph sunsets! Those things never get old for me, especially sunsets. Sunsets never cease to amaze me.
    Oh, we call them lightning bugs in New Jersey, too! xx

    http://amateandarottweiler.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 9 THOUSAND pesos?! No kidding you do not cave into that! My mom used to forgo AC whenever possible, so for me AC often feels too cold too. I can't go to Target without a jacket in July because to me it's just freezing in stores. I was actually in BA in the fall/winter... I am glad I did not only pack winter clothes though because it actually was not that cold... at least not that year.

      Delete
  2. Oh no I enjoy summer every year, and I look forward to it, in the UK it's cold longer than it is hot so when the sun is out here we take advantage of it!
    But good luck and I hope you make the most of it.

    Meme xx

    New post:

    'The Book Mouse Suggests: The Raven Boys'

    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome that you make time for enjoyment! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Hope you accomplish these list!! Thanks for sharing. Xoxo

    http://www.sweetsimpleday.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your list! So cute how you wrote everything down and added the fresh flowers. Made for a lovely picture. I need to put one together!!! HaHaHa There's so much we miss in life. It's the little things that should be treasured.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that summer to do list, so cute! Come and meet our adventures in Paris at Living Paris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really should make one of these lists. I like your choices and how you presented it as well! xx

    Femme with Flair

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your do-to list. Also love the flowers you actually put on there, so lovely! (Psst, yellow is my favorite color :D) A lot of your activities are very calming, something we could all benefit from. Amidst our busy lives, it's so easy to forget to "stop and smell the roses". I should make one of these too. My favorite is the picnic one! I'd love to do go on one, perhaps this summer...

    xo, Serli
    www.lesoleilchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sublime !

    Kiss, Léa
    http://www.luxetoutou.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram