Strawberry Spinach Salad | A Rose in Bloom




Firstly, I won't pretend this recipe is completely unique. The first time I had a strawberry and spinach salad I was still in college and met my mother for lunch at Connors. I must have lived under a rock because I would never have thought to put fruit in a salad but hey, strawberries are delectable. There was no way this would have been a bad decision.

I was beyond right. I couldn't believe the perfect combination that had entered my mouth guys. The smooth blend. The right touch of sweetness. Just enough crunch. Since then, I have recreated this salad many a time. I have added blue cheese crumbles, various types of nuts, and various types of dressings. However, this blend is the same one I always return to, time after time. The pecans add just the right level of crunch, outperforming both walnuts and almonds and the poppy seed dressing enhances the sweetness of the strawberries without overpowering them. Definitely a winner as an appetizer or a potluck, this dish is sure to be a summer favorite.

Ingredients


  • 1 bunch spinach, washed and chopped
  • 1 pint strawberries, chopped
  • Toasted pecans, to taste
  • Poppy seed dressing, to taste


Toast pecans in a 400 degree oven for 5-10 minutes. Chop them into fourths or simply crumble them to make a topping. Wash the spinach. When dry(ish) chop into bite sized pieces. Do the same with the strawberries, taking care to slice them into either very thin whole slices, or thicker quartered pieces, depending on how substantial you likes your bites. Toss the salad with the dressing and top with toasted pecans.



Have you ever made a strawberry spinach salad? Do you have any unique toppings I should try? I'd love to hear them!

Follow 

20 comments

  1. What a unique combinations! I love spinach and strawberries but Ive never tried to combine it. Great idea, looks super delicious!

    Furore Magazine | Facebook | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surprisingly good. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. This looks so delish!!!!!

    Miranda

    www.thechicstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! My mom used to make a salad like this at home! I can't remember what cheese she added...it was either gorgonzola or goat cheese. Either way, it was delectable!

    xx Chrystin
    http://amateandarottweiler.blogspot.om.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, gorgonzola or goat cheese with this salad sounds amazing! Your mom was thinking correctly!

      Delete
  4. I normally don't really like salads (they seem so unappetizing and not very filling), but yours looks so great, I might try it out! You're right - strawberries are delicious!

    Angelina Is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like to have salads as meals either, but I do find they make a great appetizer. Good way to get some veg and still have "real" food. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I love a fresh salad :) Thanks for the inspo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are incredibly welcome. To your health!

      Delete
  6. Good post! Your blog very cool!
    I followed to your blog, follow to me too PANAMA ASTI

    Come visit PANAMA ASTI
    post comments or reviews... Me will be very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this looks so delicious!! one of my favorite things to put in salads are strawberries they are so refreshing :D

    https://aspoonfulofnature.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good! I love salads that include strawberries!

    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favorite kinds of salads! It's so light and refreshing on hot days!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of my favorite recipes! Looks amazing!

    Wishes & Reality

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks delicious, I love adding fresh fruit to summer salads!

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks amazing!
    I posted a similar recipe last week - just with chard instead of the spinach - but also with strawberries and pecans! I just love the combination!! <3

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram