What to Wear When You Just Need Solitude | A Rose in Bloom







Sometimes, I just need to wear everything beautiful and be somewhere quiet. I am so very blessed to live right in the middle of everything - the busiest area of town is down the street to feed my need for city life. This quiet park is directly the opposite way, like a compass for my emotions. My yin and my yang, so to speak. While I love the sound of cars, businesses, and clatter, sometimes I just need hear the sounds of insects tip toeing on the veins of leaves, or a creek rustling it's own unique tune. When I get this feeling, the only option is to don a gown that mimics this life. Soft swishing fabrics make me feel at ease with nature. The gentle rustling has me walking with caution in the silent symphony, listening and waiting. On days when I feel this urge, I take my billowing skirts to this park and just sit. It's oddly cleansing and makes me appreciate both sides of my home. Just sitting and listening inspires my creativity and my pen begins to leak words before I even realize I have lost control.

In honor of this summer inspired creativity and the fact that this park is filled with honeysuckles, I share my thoughts of summers long past, and summers yet to come.

Honeysuckle Heartbeats

With June's thick days stealing the sun
my heart pines for the scent of honeysuckles
With heat heavy in the air and coating our lungs
my mind craves that sweet scent of honeysuckles
Creeping onto the pavement or sweeping through the woods
the South is alive with the scent of summer honeysuckles
And I recall those sweet days of childhood plucking the tiny buds
and sucking in the sweet nectar of honeysuckles

White little buds, you have made my heart beat for 28 summers
Gathered from gates, sidewalks, and stranger's back yards.
How many more are left?

Psst, see how else I've styled these slips here and here.

Follow

25 comments

  1. love the outfit, and beautiful photos too!

    ♥ Ellen #NZblogger
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. We actually had a lighting accident (left the ISO too high), but I was shockingly pleased with the outcome.

      Delete
  2. Did you check your new inbox on Lookbook? :)

    xx Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lately, I'm all about the solitude! <3 And I LOVE the way you've styled your slip here. Doubling up is such a fun & gorgeous idea! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! It's definitely satisfying to layer things differently. It feels like having new clothes all over again.

      Delete
  4. That's pretty cool you can experience the best of both worlds! I wish tranquility was a little closer to home in my case, but that just makes me appreciate it all that much more when I do get to escape from the city.
    Also, you look beautiful in indigo! (or is that violet?)

    xx Chrystin
    http://amateandarottweiler.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the color was dusty plum or some such silliness, but yes, violet is what I call it. And thank you! Yeah, I'm not so sure BA has many quiet places. Though there are plenty of parks with tons of cats, hahahahaha.

      Delete
  5. This outfit looks very nice on you, so bohemian.

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It does feel quite dreamy.

      Delete
  6. That is awesome that you have those options where you live. I hope to have options like that one day. Beautiful outfit.

    Christina
    cityloveee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Options feel so empowering. I have to admit it's one thing I really do love about Lexington.

      Delete
  7. cool photos!
    http://laviecestchic.blogspot.it
    facebook.com/laviecestchic

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice being able to be surrounded by more options to explore. Really love this dress on you, love the black lace.

    www.wunderbliss.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I firmly believe exploring is vital to good health. :)

      Delete
  9. How lovely you have the best of both worlds by living in a busy area yet with a spacious park nearby :) You look lovely, so dreamy..

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this look...the layering is beautiful!

    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was fun experimenting with the style!

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous relaxed outfit!

    www.qustomquinns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It feels like a lazy Sunday sipping tea in a garden.

      Delete
  12. aw that poem is so sweet :) i adore your necklace x
    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a favorite from the Etsy store Soniz Design.

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram