Purple Fields Forever and How to Feel Like it's Summer | A Rose in Bloom








Dress: A gift from my mother//Boots: Betsey Johnson//Earrings: Passing Through

You guys, I am so tired. So very tired. Between work and hunting for different work and rehearsing for my dance piece on Saturday, and taking one of my dogs for an emergency vet visit, I've had no time for me, which is something that I am very against. Rest is important, hence why I am looking back to the pictures my husband and I took in the beautiful field near our home during golden hour. Photographing before a sunset always makes me feel at ease. These long days make the jitters of a working girl fade into the background. Even though summer is not my favorite season (the heat! the humidity!) I must admit that the longer daylight is an amazing tonic for life's ailments.

But about this dress. My husband says I should wear it more and it's a shame that I've only donned it less times than I can count on my fingers. It was a random item my mother found in an Indian clothing store in Palo Alto, California, where my father lives. My mother said it was perfect for me so there it was, hanging in my closet, waiting for summer breezes to whoosh the skirt from one end of the field to another. When I put it on, I knew this dress was begging for fields, sunsets, clear days, picnics even. It craves light winds to rustle the ruffles and loves the soft glow of a sun about to retire for the evening.

I know I have mentioned how blessed I am to have nature around me in my city life, but really, I am so very blessed. I mean, look at these rolling fields. Tall grasses, whatever those almost flower looking grass things are, and fluffy clouds in the brightest of skies. With the light roar of a train in the near distance and fireflies preparing for their grand evening debut like dancers on opening night, I felt for the first time this month like it was really, truly summer.

P.S. If you've ever wondered how to style lace up combat boots with a feminine maxi dress for summer, now you know. Hah.

Follow

22 comments

  1. such a beautiful dress! you look absolutely stunning! :)

    http://katslovefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read the title I thought I was going to see purple flowers! Your dress is gorgeous though, I love the real gemstone rich colour it has to it!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only there had been a field of purple flowers nearby - how perfect! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Oh, what a gorgeous dress! I hope that you get more time to relax this week ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the puppy is alright! I like rustled ruffles. Lovely dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is now! Poor thing had crystals all in her urinary track but she is doing much better and even smiling again. Thank you for your concern - she's my best girl. :)

      Delete
  5. It is a really beautiful dress. I love the photography even more! You look absolutely gorgeous. I really love this picture. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-N-29m6lXow0/VbUhsX95_4I/AAAAAAAADRA/SDdMUKkkPTc/s1600/Purple%2BFields%2B4.jpg Good luck with your stress. Just know you're not alone :)

    Christina
    www.cityloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks! I was really satisfied with how that picture turned out! Thank you and good luck with anything bumming you out too!

      Delete
  6. I hate when life gets hectic like that. Hope things calm down soon :) You look beautiful in that dress. Not only is the style fabulous, but that shade of purple is so beautiful on you.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things have calmed down for sure. Apparently my husband was right - everyone seems to like this dress. I'll have to wear it more. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. I have a dress quite similar to this, except in a navy blue color and it is sleeveless! I love it too, I always feel like I should be frolicking in the forest when I wear it.

    Peace & Love // Celestralite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That dress sounds lovely. I love anything that makes me feel like a fairy, hehe. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  8. A beautiful and unique dress!
    You should definitely wear it more :)
    xx
    https://woodlandhalls.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! My husband is using all these comments to prove I should, haha.

      Delete
  9. I hate it when I'm so busy that I don't have any 'me' time, it really is the worst isn't it? Your dress is so beautiful though!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS the worst, but fortunately life has lightened up this week! Thank you!

      Delete
  10. YOU LOOK STUNNING! I am in love with your dress and purple looks stunning on you<3 Can we follow each other’s blog to support each other?:) please let me know if you are interested so I can follow your blog back:)

    xoxo
    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. sweet post xx

    http://thewhimsicalwildling.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This dress looks amazing on you! It has such a dreamy and princely allure. :)

    Have a nice weekend, xx.
    Child of the Ocean

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram