DIY Mulled Wine Simmering Stove Top Potpourri | A Rose in Bloom
There is nothing like a good smelling home and I've recently decided it's time to start to working home aromas into my weekly routine. You see, I'm a person of very few details. I get the outlines of things right (think clean home, things put away, counters wiped off), but it's the little details that slip by me. Art might have gotten knocked crooked and there might be a little dust here and there. However, how a home smells is so often one of the first things someone notices about a space, so I am going to try to be a little more detail oriented, starting with this easy simmering stovetop potpourri.







I threw this together for a few reasons... Firstly, I keep seeing these stovetop potpourri tutorials on Pinterest and it seemed like a fun way to make my home smell good. Secondly, I received a whole bunch of cranberries in my co-op basket around Thanksgiving, and guess who doesn't care to make cranberry relish? Well, I am glad I don't! This was absolutely worth the use of cranberries. Oh, how they bring a wine like aroma drifting down the hall and I swear the spices dance into my nostrils to bring together a marriage that can only be reminiscent of mulled wine. You know, the kind you lightly warm on the stove to sip while watching the soft glow of Christmas lights and listen to cars drive by on their rush to varying destinations. Oh yes, this simmering potpourri smells so good I can taste it. Create a room full of everything to be treasured about the holiday season by making this recipe. Now.

What you need:
  • Cranberries
  • Star anise
  • Whole cloves
  • Cinnamon sticks
  • A few sprigs of rosemary
  • Sliced oranges
Directions

Fill a pot halfway with water. Don't measure the ingredients too much - have fun instead! I used a handful of cranberries, two cinnamon sticks, a few star anise, a pinch of cloves, two slices of orange, and a few rosemary sprigs. Experiment. See if you like yours with more cinnamon. Maybe you only need one star anise, or maybe you need half a dozen. Once you have your desired amounts, put the pot on the stove on medium/low heat and let the magic begin. Enjoy the bond between the cranberries and spices - it turned so heavenly. The orange added just a touch of sweetness while the rosemary kept that slightly savory experience alive. Take a sip of red wine and enjoy life.

How do you like to freshen up your home for the holidays? Does it involve certain scents? Please share your thoughts in the comment section!

                                                                   Follow

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram