How to Transition Outfits from Winter to Spring | A Rose in Bloom
how to layer for spring
voile and lace trapeze slip style outfit

Spring is supposedly here, but we are still reminded of winter's claws when a gust of wind bites into our flesh, reminding us that it is not yet the time to bare our shoulders and soak golden rays into our cheekbones. No, it is not yet time, and for this reason it seems that perhaps spring is a season most cruel. The sun hovers, the skies are clear, flowers are bursting their petals into life, and as humans we want to skip straight to summer. As we pass shop windows we see sundresses and sandals and long for barbecues. As much as I am loathe to say it aloud (as if that somehow makes something more concrete), we must be pressed wait a little longer.

In the meantime, we are tired of the heavy blacks and oxbloods of winter. We see pastel petals and soft new growth, and it makes us itch for a change. How can we still dress warmly and still feel like spring is in the air? The answers are rather simple.
how to style free people voile and lace trapeze slip

how to layer for a cold spring


Change your color palette. It's not too hard, especially if you have been creating your own minimal wardrobe. In fact, as long as you have a lighter color sweater, some tights, and a light dress, you can make magic happen.

Layer, layer, layer. I know fall is traditionally the season of layering, but in spring it's arguably more important, at least in Kentucky. Our springs have been particularly chilly, while fall has proven rather warm over the years.

how to wear ballet tights with street wear


how to layer the free people voile and lace trapeze slipBecause I want to feel soft and delicate like the blooms on the trees, I chose to pair my light blue sweater with my white slip. Ready to shed my traditional black tights, I changed them out for my ballet tights - pink like the petals outside my window, soft and yet warm. With a touch of grey socks and knee high boots, I am warm enough for a 50 degree day, but still feel like a new life is free to surge forth.
how to transition from winter to spring

How do you transition your wardrobe to spring? If you are in the Northern Hemisphere, have the days warmed up yet? Or are you still facing snowy mornings?

Stay Beautiful,

XOXO Liz

                                                                    Follow

12 comments

  1. Your photos are beautiful, as always! I love these tips, too, I think that layering is really important for spring ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly. Layering has been so helpful lately.

      Delete
  2. We are actually are having warmer weather now in Lithuania and I'm very happy about that. Though I'm not very happy about the constant rain these past few days. I am trying to add more lighter colors in my wardrobe and layering is really my best friend at the moment :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, I hope you find solitude in the rain! It can be a lovely time, but may overstay its welcome. Good luck with your lovely spring!

      Delete
  3. I've especially taken that first tip to heart! I've changed over from navy and dark purple and gray to all the bright colors! I've worn a lot of pink and white and bright blue this week! So excited for spring!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colors make all the difference, don't they? It's so nice to set the mood with a new palette. :)

      Delete
  4. You look absolutely stunning in these shots! I love your outfit so much, you look fab xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
  5. great look! you look like lady-spring. very nice boho vibe

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I would wear that outfit 100% like you did, really lovely!! The grey and white give off a fresh look, while the boots break the dreamy vibes bit, but round up the outfit so well!!! I'm literally in love, please excuse my excitement haha ;)

    Spring weather is super crazy, especially with the rain. Sometimes it feels a bit like autumn, the one moment the sun is peeking out, the other the wind is slapping the raindrops in our faces...

    Have a nice weekend!!
    xx
    WONDERWALLFLOWER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, please remain excited! Nothing like a little heart flutter to make the day a little sweeter! Spring rains can be quite lovely, so I hope you get a good one!

      Delete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram