Friday Musings 1.2 | A Rose in Bloom
coffee times coffee house

I feel another essay coming on soon but on what I've no idea. Or when, if we are being truthful. What does "soon" mean? Two days? A month? I hope I know soon (whatever that is),so that I can release whatever is trapped, but perhaps not knowing is half the fun.

Or the fear of not knowing what might come out. But then, fear is a part of being a writer.

And I am always terrified and enthralled with the next new thing.

Isn't fear a part of it all?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lately, I am stuck on reading and not so much on writing. This summer has been for blowing through novel after novel after novel. Right now, I am reading a book by Jeffrey Eugenides called The Marriage Plot. I am in love with it as much as some of my favorites. Maybe it will be a new favorite. I can see why it won a Pulitzer Prize.

And so I am going to run off and finish it, as it is literally eating me up with anticipation. Each page is an adventure to the extent that I go to sleep late and arise early.

And so that is the joy of a good story.

Follow

6 comments

  1. Earlier this year I read Eugenides' "Middlesex" and loved it! I have a copy of "The Marriage Plot" sitting on my shelf but I haven't yet started it. From "Middlesex" though, I can tell he has a way with grand scale storytelling and I can't wait to dig into his other books.

    Kate | girlinthebluejacket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally relate to this! I'm usually way more of a writer but I've been reading so many books this summer x
    http://www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. when a writer compliments a book by another writer, you know the piece is really good! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always so lovely to be caught up in a good book, I think summer calls for taking a much needed break sometimes, be it from writing or whatever else we need some calm time from. I find I like to read but then it reminds me to get writing my own book. Alas, if I don't have a book to read on the back burner, I do miss the motivation that comes from soaking up new words and storylines! <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're enjoying reading! Don't worry, the writing will come, for creatives like you, I think it always does. Nobody knows what "soon" is exactly, but it's usually not as long a we think. :)

    Julia || Julia in Bluhm


    ReplyDelete
  6. I think summer is the best time for a good read. When September comes there is usually to much happening and not enough time.
    fear is a normal emotion we all have at one point. the important thing with it is not to let it win. :)
    nice post!
    xo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram