Disintegration | A Rose in Bloom






























What is there to say? I ordered this slip and these boots with my birthday discount from Free People a few months back. I kinda felt bad about it at the time, but now I am in love with the combo. Worth every penny once I remind myself of cost per wear I feel soft and feminine and simple. Such an easy outfit to put together and I use any opportunity to wear my Pashmina scarves that my mom scored out in the Bay.

What about you? Do you ever feel guilty about large purchases? Or do you judge things on a cost per wear basis?* Do you have a favorite splurge item that was worth it's weight in gold? Let me know in the comments!

*If you are not familiar with cost per wear, it's the idea that a $200 pair of shoes is worth it if you wear them frequently and/or for years. For example, my fav Betsey Johnson boots mentioned here have been worn at least 149566565 times, thus paying for themselves.

5 comments

  1. Your scarf is absolutely gorgeous! Loving the pink on it!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a beauty, Lizzie! I really love the dress - it's a perfect color for you!! You make a great point about cost per wear. It definitely makes a difference if you plan to wear it "forever." A few years ago, I fell in love with a vintage owl embroidered vest that was more than I would typically pair for an article of clothing...but, I went in knowing I would wear it for years and years to come. Since I don't fit the current style mode anyway, it will never go "out" of style to me...hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it hard to bring myself to spend a lot of money on just one thing, rather than get several things for the same price, but there are definitely items that are worth it. I think what I splurge most on is skincare. Keeping my complexion clear is very important to me, and knowing that I have more sensitive skin, what I use to wash/moisturize my face is crucial. I also use the "cost per wear" theory, and a $60 facial oil that lasts a year or more, is worth it! In terms of clothing, I agree with you on splurging on boots---they last for years and go with everything!

    http://amateandarottweiler.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Free people! and those boots are amazing!!! I don't feel bad when I splurge if is something I really really like! and your theory of an outfit paying itself if you wear it more times than what it cost... pretty genius!
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lizzie, I love the colors and style! Looks great on you! I definitely think about an outfit before I purchase it. I try and pair it with different things in my wardrobe to see how versatile it is and how many time I can wear it (season) and such.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram