Back to (Black) Basics and How to Dress Them Up | A Rose in Bloom




I love fashion, let me be clear. I love styling. I love the way the gears turn and click in my head when I pair perfect pieces together. The way a smile creeps across one's face, confidence exuding into one's aura. Bliss.

But sometimes, I am freaking lazy. Sometimes, I'm tired and cranky and don't have energy to dedicate to a complicated outfit. Sometimes, I crave minimalism and I go on what I call a fashion cleanse. A reset to freshen my mind and keep things clear keeps me from getting burned out.  At times like these, something like this thrifted tee and my favorite jeans with a pair of basic sneakers is all I want. However, I am not really a basic person and I do tend to need some tiny little details to bring things together. A statement necklace and some rings is the answer, quickly followed with a lovely red lipstick.

Speaking of the aforementioned favorite jeans, I would like to take a moment to talk about these jeans, also worn here and here. Maybe it's normal, but I have such a hard time getting a good fit! I have wide hips with some junk in the trunk and most jeans gap in the back. These jeans from Lucky Brand are beyond perfect and I wear them at least twice a week. Finally, something works for me. I might even pick up a second pair when the opportunity arises - apparently, Lucky Brand does not use unethical methods of manufacturing. Obviously, I can't prove that, but it makes me feel better than grabbing a pair at Gap or Old Navy. Besides, hooray for fitting well!

Have you found the perfect jeans for your body type yet? Do you ever need a fashion reset and go back to the basics?

15 comments

  1. I like what you're wearing, it's great when you can really spend the time putting a great outfit together, but sometimes you really can't be bothered and want to feel comfy too! I love comfy clothes.

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    'I Quit Sugar For Life Recipe Book//GIVEAWAY'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep... lazy girl fashion is still fashion amirite?

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty much the same, I Love styling and matching different pieces together but sometimes I just can't be asked and put a pair of black leggings with a minimalistic top (always works out great for a lazy day) haha:)

    KLAUDIA CLARA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lazy days are my favorite! Sometimes I got stuff to do!

      Delete
  3. I'm trying to go on a fashion cleanse too, and I just got a basic black tee! Oh, this is perfect! Thank you so much for this! It's incredibly helpful <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. It's always nice to feel put together.

      Delete
  4. I love that top!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your tips for dressing up basics! I'm totally with you about loving to dress up, but sometimes just not feeling like it. I have found jeans that fit me fairly well, but someday I'm going to invest in a higher quality pair. We're taking a trip to the big city for our anniversary, and I want to try on some designer jeans. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not one to spend tons of money on labels, but designer jeans are so worth it. There is a reason they cost more. They feel nicer, they look nicer, and the fit is typically way better than your average pair from a lower end retailer. I don't mind investing in staples. I would rather have a $100+ pair of jeans that lasts me 3 years or more than having to buy a $30 pair every few months. Good luck finding the perfect jean!

      Delete
  6. I love getting my basics out every now and then, I love the necklace you have teamed this look with, so pretty <3

    Sammie | sammiephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a constant repeater of wearing black on black, its's just simply what I feel best in! I do however like to switch it up like adding some pop of colors! Always looking for new tips! Thank You for sharing!

    Have a lovely day!

    Paulina

    shenanigan-ska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram