My Fall/Winter Bucket List | A Rose in Bloom



With the popularity of my summer bucket list and the crisp snap of those first precious October days, I decided I should make the most out of my favorite months of the year. I spent my summer trying to love the heat and thick, wet air (which failed, by the way). This time, I want to spend my fall savoring each moment I already love. I want to freeze that moment when I taste my first, crisp apple fresh from the tree, or savor the smell that arises from applesauce simmering in the slow cooker. I want to learn how to do a few new things, just for the sake of doing them.

When I was a little kid, I loved fall so much. Finally the nasal passage is clear and I could run up the hills, help my mother make pumpkin pies, and get out my favorite homemade flannel dresses. I miss that. As a grown up in the city, I don't really do much for fall anymore other than play with fashion. Of course I love fall styles; I always have and always will, but there is just so much more to fall than clothes. It's about getting cozy with your loved ones (even if those loved ones have four legs - especially if they have four legs) and enjoying good times together. It's about cold weather hikes and feeling the leaves crunch from underneath you. It's about cooking good food and making memories.

What can I say? I've always loved Octobers. Even if they go a little grey. Especially when they go a little grey.
pumpkin field in kentucky evans orchard

fall squash in lexington ky



old barn in kentucky
evans orchard lexington kentucky

Old Barn at Evans Orchard in Lexington Kentucky

So here's to autumn and the forthcoming winter. Here's to crisp apples, smooth, savory soups, and crusty bread. Here's to tights and jackets and boots crawling up my calves. Here's to hogging the blankets and sipping hot spiced tea. Without further ado, here are all the little things I want my fingers to touch before the sun comes back out to play in those glorious golden days. These are the things I will relish and receive with a soul like a sponge, ready to soak up all the simmering moments.

My Fall/Winter Bucket List

  • Make homemade applesauce for the first time
  • Photograph an all black and white shoot
  • Donate toys to a Christmas Charity
  • Have an offbeat Thanksgiving dinner
  • Play in the leaves like a little kid
  • Learn to roast my own pumpkin
  • Learn how to make chai... properly (aka, not the lazy girl way)
  • Have a for real Ma Ingalls night and mend our ever growing list of torn duds.
Ok, so maybe that last one is not something to be relished, but it's something I need to do! What better time is there to mend your clothes than cold nights when you can't go out? To sit and watch a movie with my family why tea steams, yes, maybe even that can be fun.


What do you think? Am I leaving anything out? What do you want to do this fall season? Are you trying to learn any new skills?

                                                                     Follow

5 comments

  1. Living on the equator, we don't get seasons where we live, much less fall, but I've always loved fall from a far. I'll be honest and say I love fall for its style first and foremost, but reading posts like these over the last week have made me realize that fall is much more than that -- it's cozy sweaters, it's a long-awaited cool down, it's grey, gloomy, great days.

    I do hope you get about doing that black and white photoshoot because I'd absolutely love to see it!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually working on it today. Don't know when it will be up, but hopefully next week! Just have to make some finishing touches! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Aww I've fallen in love with fall all over again reading this post! Look at all those pumpkins! Definitely my idea of heaven ;) I'm a summer girl at heart through and through but I do love the start of Autumn; October/November, personally I think early fall has a touch of magic about it, more so than winter. I love Halloween, Bonfire Night, and the start of the season. However I think living in the UK makes me not enjoy winter so much; it's all so gloomy here; another reason why I adore America so much, you guys make Halloween/Christmas and all the other parts of Autumn so special and so truly perfect. Maybe that's just me haha. What can I say, I love America :D

    Such beautiful photography as always, and I enjoyed your summer bucket-list so much that it's beyond awesome you've made one for fall/winter. So many great goals; roasting your own pumpkin and home-made apple sauce are up there with my faves for sure <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with that pumpkin patch photo! It's an autumn wonderland!
    Fall was always my favorite season back in NJ, and this post makes me want to dive head-first into a fall scented Yankee Candle (and now I just made myself depressed that I don't have any fall-scented yankee candles here haha)
    I don't know if you remember the food back in Buenos Aires, but they use/eat butternut squash and pumpkin year-round and in many different ways...you should make some Argentine recipes involving fall's best veggies!

    xx Chrystin
    http://amateandarottweiler.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear what you think and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Please, do not leave follow for follow or ask me to check out your blog, or any other form of spam. Simply leave a link and I will be happy to look when I get the time. :)

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram