New Years Eve Sparkling Cranberry Cocktail Recipe | A Rose in Bloom

Lately, I have been a little iron deficient. Not in a serious health concern way, but enough to make me feel ill. I couldn't quite figure out why... I eat many iron rich foods. However, with further research I did learn one area in which my diet was lacking - vitamin C. Found in citrus, kale, Brussels sprouts, and tomatoes, my diet was full of fruits and vegetables, but not enough C containing foods. I needed to start eating healthier than ever right around the holiday season - yeah right. In the season where I can have as much chocolate and wine as I want without getting the side eye from an estranged aunt I am going to start munching on kale. Nope, I still want to be able to enjoy all those delicious holiday drinks without completely sacrificing my health and sanity.



Oh yes, there is a compromise. Ever since I discovered Art in the Age liquors, I have been enamored with the idea of a less sweet cocktail. Something almost savory. And I think I really found it this time. Art in the Age have such unique liquors, my favorite (so far) being Sage. On their site, they recommend lemonade, lavender honey syrup, and other heavenly creations, but today's recipe has a winter time chill vibe. Mixed with cranberry and lime, I can feel a little bit better about having a cocktail. I mean, vitamin C absolutely makes up for the fact that I am drinking liquor. Right?! Yeah.... we'll say that today.


New Year's Eve Sparkling Cranberry Cocktail

  • 1 part Sage
  • 1 part Cranberry juice or juice cocktail
  • 1/2 oz lime juice
  • Club soda, to top off

This is no fancy recipe with artisan syrup (who really makes those anyway?). Simply pour the Sage, cranberry, and lime juice over ice and stir. Top off with club soda. Enjoy.

P.S. New Outfit posts begin again next week! I've taken some time off in December to spend time with my family and work my way around these seriously short and rainy days. But I promise I have new outfits ready. :)

P.S.S. Make sure your club soda is new.. mine was starting to go flat, hence the less than ideal amount of bubbles.

Stay beautiful,

XOXO Liz


                                                                   Follow

Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram