Vanilla Lattes and Fashion Time | A Rose in Bloom
I made my own vanilla latte today.  It is not Starbucks quality, but I like mine better since I can control the sweetness.  I own a Bialetti Moka Pot; it's the optimal apartment espresso maker.  Takes up almost no space.  Plus, they use it in Italy and that's good enough for me.

To start, make the espresso.  I am going to assume you know how if you own a Moka pot so... make as much as you want.  I always make a full pot because I will drink the whole thing.  Maybe not the healthiest, but it's too good to waste!

Steam the milk.  Ok, I don't have a steamer.  I honestly just put whole milk in a small saucepan and whisk it till it's hot.  Not professional, but it tastes good and gets the job done.

Pour the desired amount of espresso into your cup and 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract.  The real stuff, not imitation. Gross.  Also add 1-2 teaspoons of sugar syrup - you know, the kind you make cocktails with.  I like to do a dinner spoon size amount of each.

Pour the milk in and enjoy!  It's delicious.

Now onto the fashion.

THANK GOD the neon Saved by the Bell "retro" look is gone this year.  I mean seriously.  Who said "Oh hey, you know what I miss?  The really bad fashion of the late 80s early 90s.  You know, the stuff everyone was ashamed to admit they wore."  I would love to say that no one ever said this, BUT OBVIOUSLY SOMEONE DID.  The appropriate punishment has been administered.

I am starting to see a comeback to stuff I would actually wear, but there is still the whole printed pants or colored pants or (seriously, still?) leggings as pants.  I am going to address these one at time and tell you why they are criminal.

First, printed pants.  I mean, look at Urban Outfitters, which is only one example of this horror.  None of this looks classy, people.  Furthermore, prints on pants tend to make your butt look bigger.  The last thing most women want is larger buns and thighs.  Want a print on the bottom?  Try a bohemian skirt. There are tons out there and some are less wacky than others.  A skirt will accent your body and give a feminine flair, without making your hips look huge.

Second, colored pants.  Really, who thinks it looks good.  I can put my finger on it, but it doesn't look right.  Again, wear a skirt.  Lots of solid colored skirts are out there.  Please just don't spend $158 on a pair of wacky pants.  A good skirt will cost less and $30, and it will be more versatile.

Thirdly, the leggings.  LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS.  They make your ass look huge and show off any flaws you have in the butt and thigh area.  They show panty lines.  Leggings are some of my favorite articles of clothing, but use them properly!  Under a dress that is too short? Awesome.  Under a tunic that you couldn't wear by itself? Awesome.  Under shorts? Still going to give that an A.  With your favorite Ramones tee shirt? NO.

I almost wanted to say printed leggings are the worst offender of them all, but I take that back.  Don't wear them as pants, and everything will be ok.

TL;DR, printed pants are tacky; wear a skirt. Colored pants are tacky; wear a skirt.  Leggings are not pants.

*This post is not intended to bash on Urban Outfitters and other companies owned by Urban Outfitters in any way.  Although they have some criminal fashion lately, I still buy socks and such at these places.  I love Free People. God help me but I keep buying their damn overpriced clothing.
Copyright Elizabeth Hisle. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram